Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hawaii Day 3

Today started off with relaxing on the balcony while Joe went to work out. I got a friendly aloha shoutout from a canal boat driver passing by with no passengers. And I also got to see a feral kitty roaming the sidewalk below. I saw a sign today stating that the property takes care of the feral cats you see wandering around, so that makes me feel better cause I've seen about 5 so far. They're not bothersome. They just pass by every once in a while...or take cat naps on cabana chairs. :)

Once Joe returned we headed to the breakfast buffet. Unfortunately we went towards the end so it was mostly scraps leftover. We learned our lesson on that and will go earlier from now on. We then made a quick Walmart run to buy a few staples for the week. Would rather spend $5 on a 24-pack of water opposed to one bottle.

We then headed to the lagoon for some Hawaiian sun!






Joe went out in the water to practice snorkeling. He actually got me to go out and give it a try as well. I've never snorkeled in my life and if you know me well I am so not a water person. I love looking at the water, being on a beach and being on a boat but doing things in the actual water is scary to me. I sorta got it down but could definitely use more practice. At least I didn't inhale any water and choke. Joe saw a bunch of sea turtles in the lagoon but I didn't see any. :( I did see some fish though. This is me trying to get out of the water (from really far away).




Joe really wanted to get sushi for his birthday but since the luau was on his bday we went tonight.


We went to a place called Sansei and sat at the sushi bar so we got personal attention from the sushi rollers. I'm not a fan so I got some noodle thing, but Joe left very fulfilled. We then walked around the king and queen shops which are two little shopping areas down the road from our resort. We followed that with an evening walk around the resort seeing even more spots that we hadn't discovered yet. This place keeps getting bigger by the day. And there was a beautiful sunset tonight, although this picture doesn't do it justice.



When we got back to the room The Bachelorette season premier happened to just be starting so I got stuck watching it and I think I'm now hooked for the season. Dangit!

Now that we've gotten some relaxation out of our systems, we begin more of our adventurous activities tomorrow so I'm really excited! One thing I've noticed here is the two main places tourists stay are Kona (east side) and Hilo (west side), but all the non-resort activities are on the north and south ends so you basically have to travel to do any of them.

Tomorrow: horseback riding through Waipi'o Valley!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment