Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hawaii Day 5

Originally we were going to do the full day volcano tour today, but we both were having a hard time getting excited about it. You don't actually get to see the red lava in the volcano unless you take the helicopter ride and we couldn't get excited about seeing steam. So we decided to enjoy the amenities of the resort instead.

It started off with another fulfilling breakfast at the buffet.






We then headed to the lagoon for some laying out and water fun.
The resort is only at 45% occupancy so it sorta feels like we have this place to ourselves. It's not crowded at all. Apparently this is the best time of year to come because school is ending and parents don't want their kids to miss their last couple weeks. Something to keep in mind when you plan your next vacation if you don't have kids.

We both snorkeled again. I'm slowly getting better. We saw a few schools of fish and swam with 6 large sea turtles! That would be Joe out in the water.



I learned what it's like to get attacked by coral today as well. I stood on what I thought was a rock to re-adjust my mask and thought I just scraped my ankle on the rock. I felt it but definitely didn't think it broke skin or anything. Wasn't until 20, 30 minutes later that we got out of the lagoon when I realized my ankle was bleeding. It didn't hurt at all but coral definitely makes you bleed non-stop. It actually looks pretty nasty. As I write this 4 hours later it is STILL bleeding.

Later while I was laying out I overheard the woman next to me talking about Ft. Wayne, Indiana which is where we're from! I butted in and found out she used to live in Indianapolis and her brother lived in Fort Wayne. She now lives in Hawaii. Once again, small world. After about 3 hours of fun in the sun we decided to do our miniature golf rematch. Joe still beat me but I improved by 9! Go me!












We then passed by an empty hammock and listened to the ocean for a bit.







After showering up, we headed to The Boat Pavilion restaurant on site so I could get my hamburger. That was my one and only food request for this week. Afterwards we headed back to Mololo Lounge for some drinks and live entertainment.



I've had a good mixture of beach drinks while here - Lava Flow, Mai Tai, The Pipeline, Kona Colada and The Bikini. LF and KC are my favorites by far.

The days here seem so long, which I'm not complaining about. Since we couldn't figure out what to do tonight when it felt like 11 but it was only 8, I suggested we pose with the millions of dollars of art they have displayed around the resort, so that's what we did.














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment